Cause Marketing Advice
Brian Reich at Cone has written this helpful series of profiles on the following cause marketing initiatives:
- Alliance for Climate Protection (Al Gore's project)
- “Start!” — a campaign of the American Heart Assn to combat adult inactivity
- Timberland's multi-faceted integration of philanthropic objectives into business practices
- Dove's “Real Beauty” campaign aimed at improving the self-esteem of teen girls
The article also links to this media release on the 2007 Cone Cause Evolution Survey.
Surprise, surprise … more than ever, consumers say that pro-social business behavior is important to their purchase decisions. And as employees, people want to see their companies act responsibly … and visibly so.
Some different numbers from the survey struck The Agitator though:
- 22% have used the internet to engage in grassroots activism
- 37% have gone online in search of issue information
- 38% have forwarded issue messages to family and friends
Reich's article is pretty basic … best for beginners taking a first look at cause marketing.
Search posts by category
Are you looking to recruit senior staff for your organisation or are you looking for a new professional challenge? Then check out Global Charity Jobs TODAY