Yes, anonymity sucks.
Whether in the context of …
- Posting a “Big Sister” Hillary video.
- Writing an blog “evaluating” charities.
- Making a “Comment” on someone's website or blog.
- Sneaking a contribution to a political candidate.
- Faking “grassroots support” for a legislative goal.
- Hiding behind an e-mail nom de plume.
Anonymity used to attack or manipulate springs from cowardice and/or malice.
It is the antithesis of integrity.
It is the enemy of authentic discourse.
Whatever merit the message might hold.