Digital Marketing Guide
Nonprofit fundraisers and communicators: Are you committing enough mind share and resources to digital media?
Here are two useful info resources as you think about it.
First, a terrific compendium of digital marketing data prepared by Ad Age. Has all the factoids you'll need for reports and planning on braving the world of blogs, social networks, online advertising and targeting.
Think about how these stats might influence your plans on how to use your nonprofit's (probably still meager) online budget:
- Blogmania? 68% of US adults have never read a blog, or don't know what one is. Another 20% read blogs “seldom.”
- Social networks booming. MySpace traffic up 72% in FEB 07 over FEB 06; Facebook up 59%. Surprisingly, 52% of MySpace visitors over age-34.
- Broadband penetration. 48% of US population.
- Online purchases. $234 billion projected for 2007 (travel purchases still dominate), and 34% of US adult internet users have bought online.
- Tracking the news. 40% of US adult internet users obtain news/current events info online.
- Online video. Only 11% of US adult internet users watched video online in 2006, but this figure is up 124% over previous year. Of those watching, 40% watch news stories, the top viewing category.
- Online searching. There were 6.9 billion searches in the month of JAN 07, with 48% of these via Google
- Email marketing. $1.6 billion in projected 2007 spending.
Great factbook to have on file … and use.
And from the Pew Internet Project, here's a ten-segment typology of the folks using information and communications technology today, ranging from the 8% of American adults who are Omnivores to the 15% who are Off the Network. As usual, Pew has come up with a fascinating treasury of data on the digital activities of Americans, the gadgets they own, as well as their attitudes about this new-fangled stuff.
Pew also offers a quiz for you to self-categorize yourself. Try it.
Roger & Tom
Search posts by category
Position: Donor Experience Manager
Location: The Hague, Netherlands
Closing date: 29 September 2017
To know more click here
Position: Director of Communications
Location: Washington DC
Closing date: 8 October 2017
To know more click here
Are you looking to recruit senior staff for your organisation or are you looking for a new professional challenge? Then check out Global Charity Jobs TODAY