Here’s the privacy deal. As simple and clear as we can make it despite the best efforts of our whining, nit-picking lawyers to obfuscate and make it more complex.
The Agitator and our affiliates TrueGivers, DonorTrends and DonorVoice are committed to maintaining the privacy of your personal information. The following policy explains our information collection practices, privacy policies, and the choices available to you with regard to how your information is collected and utilized.
The Information We Collect
- Personal information you provide to us, including, but not limited to your name, age, address, e-mail address, credit card number and facts about your background, profession, and similar information.
- Information regarding your interaction with our site, including, but not limited to, your IP address, device type, geographic location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from our sites, and web log information.
- Information you provide to us through community discussions, member information pages, e-mails, chats, dispute resolution, or information you share with us through other social applications or websites.
How We Use the Information We Collect
- For the purposes for which you specifically provided the information including, for example, to enable us to process, validate and verify subscriptions or contributions.
- To send you e-mail notifications about the fabulous or outrageous stuff we’re doing or to otherwise seek your involvement.
- To enhance existing features or develop new features, products and services.
- To allow us to personalize the content you and others see based on personal characteristics or preferences.
- In the event of a sale, merger, bankruptcy, or other change in control of TheAgitator.net, your information may be shared with the person or business that owns or controls this site. Opting out of receiving information from third parties will not affect our right to transfer your information to a new owner.
- If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on TheAgitator.net or to protect and defend the rights or property of TheNation.com.
Preserving the Privacy of Your Information
We endeavor to safeguard and protect your personal information. When you submit personal information on our site such information is protected both online and offline. Only employees and supervisors with specific authorization have access to databases containing personal information. The databases are protected in a secure facility and credit card information is transmitted via encrypted technology.
Email Addresses: We will not share your e-mail address with third parties beyond our sister companies, DonorTrends, TrueGivers and DonorVoice, and we reserve the right to present you with messages and content on their behalf.
Subscription Lists: Unlike standard industry practice, we will not rent, exchange or sell to third parties mailing address information you provide us when ordering a subscription, contributing a donation or otherwise supporting The Agitator. We adhere strictly to the Direct Marketing Association’s Ethical Business Practices. In fact we’re a lot more strict than they are. In fact, we often laugh about their laxity. For information about these rather liberal ethical practices, visit the Direct Marketing Association’s site at http://www.dmaresponsibility.org/.
Agents: We do not employ other companies and individual agents to perform functions on our behalf with the exception of processing financial transactions, sending email and providing tools to conduct surveys and processing credit card payments. The companies we employ have access only to the personal information needed to perform their functions, but are contractually prohibited from using it for other purposes. Not to mention the fact that we’ll expose and forever ride their sorry asses.
Third Party Providers: Unlike virtually everyone else in the world we make no content or products available through cooperative relationships with third parties. We’re really that anti-social.
Major Business Transactions: In the event of a major business transaction, our customer information may be one of the transferred business assets. Heaven only knows why The Agitator would want to acquire the New York Times or Huffington Post. But if that happens we’ll sure let you know and give you a chance to bail out and delete all your information.
Force Majeure and Errant Geeks. We do not employ webmasters under 40 (even those trying desperately to grow a goatee or lay claim to the coolest new t-shirt). Despite our best efforts we cannot guarantee against what the dodgy insurance companies call ‘acts of god’ or Force Majeure. So, if at any time you believe that your association with The Agitator needs to be quickly hidden and deleted you may use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all the emails we send you.
Search posts by category
Position: Donor Experience Manager
Location: The Hague, Netherlands
Closing date: 29 September 2017
To know more click here
Position: Director of Communications
Location: Washington DC
Closing date: 8 October 2017
To know more click here
Are you looking to recruit senior staff for your organisation or are you looking for a new professional challenge? Then check out Global Charity Jobs TODAY