Roger and I have begun preparing a series of posts focusing on donor acquisition.
Here is a list of topics we plan to cover … although perhaps not as systematically as this outline might suggest. We’ll probably jump around as events, bloggers and our readers inspire us.
1. Investing — What should you pay? … How much should you spend? … How to assess/calculate donor value … Any rules of thumb … Transparency
2. Metrics — Measuring/evaluating results … Knowing and acting on what works
3. The Product — Thinking about what are you selling … Differentiation … Branding … Weighing the competition … Gaining visibility
4. Structuring overall plan — Timing, testing and rollout
5. Targeting — Why/how? … Knowing your audience … Relevant research … New tools … Lapsed donors
6. The channel/medium –
- Mail — Is mail prospecting working these days? … For whom/in what circumstances?
- Online prospecting — Email … Traffic conversion … Social media … Online video … Online tools/mechanics
- Other methods?
- Integrated marketing
7. Offers — Premiums … Testing … Payment options … Lead generation as a two-step strategy
8. Generic principles about communicating with prospects — Don’t blame/whine, Credible actions, Program results, Testimonials, Urgency, Story-telling, etc
9. Creative — Any ‘givens’? … Testing, including new tools … Carriers … Components … Structure … Signers (same for online)
Plenty to keep us busy for a year or two.
We’d welcome your comments regarding priorities amongst these topics … or other acquisition issues you’d like us to address.
Tom & Roger
Search posts by category
Position: Strategy & Planning Manager
Location: Can be based out of any Greenpeace office worldwide
Closing date: 4 April 2015
To know more about this position please click here
Are you looking to recruit new senior staff for your organisation or are you looking for a new professional challenge? Then check out Global Charity Jobs TODAY