One Fundraiser’s Gift To All Of Us
I want to share it with you. And I’m doing so with Michael’s blessing.
In a post titled Delivering More of My Own Bad News, Michael announced that he was “taking an indefinite leave-of-absence from my blog, professional life, and most social media activity”.
The reason: to focus on preparing for, undergoing and recovering from extensive surgery for cancer. It’s his second surgical bout with this disease since 2014. You can get the details first hand from his post.
Now for Michael’s Gift to us all. In his words …
”Finally, I want you to know that I recognize that we all face challenges. So, I’m going to share with you just some of the quotes that have lifted my spirits during my darkest hours; I hope some of them will inspire you as well:
- “Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, face the facts.” — Ruth Gordon
- “Bwété pa tonbé.” — “Limping is not falling.” — Haitian Creole Proverb
- “When you are going through hell, keep on going. Never, never, never give up.” — Winston Churchill
- “You just can’t beat the person who won’t give up.” — Babe Ruth
- “The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.” — Rocky Balboa, movie Rocky
- “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” — Japanese Proverb
- “Winners never quit, and quitters never win.” — Vince Lombardi
- “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” — Dale Carnegie
- “It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.” — Andy Warhol
- “Those who believe they can do something and those who believe they can’t are both right.” — Henry Ford
- “Thinking will not overcome fear but action will.” — W. Clement Stone
- “Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.” — Marilyn vos Savant
- “Fear. That’s the other guy’s problem.” — from movie Trading Places
- “Worry does not empty tomorrow of sorrow – it empties today of strength.” — Carrie Ten Bloom
- “If we all did the things we are capable of doing we would literally astound ourselves.” — Thomas Edison
- “Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” — Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Don’t give up at half-time. Concentrate on winning the second half.” — Coach Paul “Bear” Bryant
- “Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” — Coach John Wooden
Which of Michael’s 18 inspirational gifts are you going to frame or stick on the wall by your desk or on the office fridge?
And what additional quotes of courage and inspiration would you like to send on to Michael?
Here’s mine for Michael::
- “It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.”— Mark Twain.