Which Ads Do You Respond To?
Mediamark Research has come up with this study segmenting American consumers according to which media they respond to.
Your possibilities, together with the US profile, are:
- Emerging media (9%) — mobile, product placement
- On the road (12% — billboards, buses, taxis
- Mass media (17%) — TV, radio, the internet
- On paper (17%) — newspapers, magazines
- Events (13%) — sports and entertainment events
- Ad adverse (32%) — avoid them.
Personally, i don’t think that "ad adverse" is a meaningful segment. To the extent that we all avoid (and disparage) advertising that is IRRELEVANT to us, we’re all ad adverse. But address a relevant message to me, it doesn’t matter if it’s in skywriting, on a t-shirt or inside a bottlecap, I’ll notice it … and the same is true of you.
Mediamark is most fascinated by the emerging media segment:
This 9% of U.S. adults are far more likely than the average adult to agree with the following statements.
• A celebrity endorsement may influence me to consider or buy a product.
• I’m always one of the first of my friends to try new products or services.
• I follow the latest trends and fashions.
• Brand name is the best indication of quality.
If I had to pick, I guess I’d be a paper guy … as long as there are pictures to go along with the copy. What are you?
Search posts by category
Are you looking to recruit senior staff for your organisation or are you looking for a new professional challenge? Then check out Global Charity Jobs TODAY