That’s one of the key messages from a new Experian report on consumer media habits — The 2012 Digital Marketer: Benchmark and Trend Report.
Granted, Experian was looking at consumers not donors, but don’t kid yourself, it’s consumer marketing that drives us to use — and learn what to expect and demand from — all this new-fangled stuff like online and mobile video.
Some findings …
- Video boosts email opens up to 13% (i.e., just using the word ‘video’ in the subject line!).
- Video in an email can drive an average 21% higher conversion rate (compared to using static images) and a 24% higher average order value.
- Revenue per email averages two times higher for “friends and family” campaigns.
- 28% of smartphone owners watch videos on their phones in an average month — they’ll probably check their email (including that message from your nonprofit) long before they log on to their computer.
- Videos on a pace to account for half of all web traffic by 2014.
Impressive enough numbers to get me to read the full report … where’s there’s heaps more usage data.
P.S. Here’s a nonprofit video — NKLA Manifesto — that’s hot in Los Angeles.
Search posts by category
Position: International Supporter Retention and Development Specialist
Location: Any Oxfam International or Oxfam Affiliate Office
For more information, click here
Are you looking to recruit senior staff for your organisation or are you looking for a new professional challenge? Then check out Global Charity Jobs TODAY