Distracting Social Media Stats
Although you know I hate to fan your social media flames, here are the latest social media usage stats from the Pew Internet Project.
- 46% of online American adults are social network site (SNS) users. This figure was only 8% on February 05.
- Of these, 73% have Facebook accounts, 48% use MySpace, 14% use LinkedIn.
- 45% of SNS users have college or advanced degrees (now I’m getting more interested), compared to 35% of the entire online population.
- Only 10% of SNS users are ages 55+ (oh well, now I’m less interested again).
And in this report, Pew tells us who tweets. These figures combine Twitter and similar "status update services" (for me, a "status update service" is a Post-It note on the fridge).
- 19% of American online adults tweet.
- Only 9% of those ages 50-64 do so; 4% of those ages 65 and older.
- No education or income skew.
- 39% of those who own 4 or more wireless devices tweet (I can’t name 4 or more wireless devices, unless my battery-powered hand drill counts).
- 35% of SNS users also tweet.
So there you have it. I’ve done my public service. Now, go proof your direct mail copy.
P,S. OK, bored with your mail copy? Here’s more distracting SNS trivia … from Experion Hitwise, here’s the market share of various social media sites as of September. Facebook gets 59% of all SNS visits; Twitter gets 2%. Now go raise some money!
Search posts by category
Position: Senior Manager International Alliances
Location: To be discussed within Europe
Closing date: 19/07/2015
For more information click here
Are you looking to recruit senior staff for your organisation or are you looking for a new professional challenge? Then check out Global Charity Jobs TODAY