America’s New Mobile Majority
Thanks to the Agitator readers who got back to us regarding their mobile reading of our blog. Sounds like plenty of subscribers read via mobile, mostly on their way to work. On all makes of smartphones … with no hassles. Whew!
We’ll close out the week with two final bits of mobile news.
Nielsen refers to “America’s New Mobile Majority” reporting that 50.4% of US mobile subscribers now own smartphones. With some interesting skews by ethnicity …
And Pew Research tells us how folks are using their smartphones, referring to a “new culture of real-time information seekers and problem solvers.”
Here’s what smartphone users do with their phones … what Pew terms “”just in time” activities:
“Some 70% of all cell phone owners and 86% of smartphone owners have used their phones in the previous 30 days to perform at least one of the following activities:
- Coordinate a meeting or get-together — 41% of cell phone owners have done this in the past 30 days.
- Solve an unexpected problem that they or someone else had encountered — 35% have used their phones to do this in the past 30 days.
- Decide whether to visit a business, such as a restaurant — 30% have used their phone to do this in the past 30 days.
- Find information to help settle an argument they were having — 27% haveused their phone to get information for that reason in the past 30 days.
- Look up a score of a sporting event — 23% have used their phone to do that in the past 30 days.
- Get up-to-the-minute traffic or public transit information to find the fastest way to get somewhere — 20% have used their phone to get that kind of information in the past 30 days.
- Get help in an emergency situation — 19% have used their phone to do that in the past 30 days.”
Activity by age shows the expected pattern …
Unfortunately, I don’t see ‘Donate’ on that list!
Search posts by category
Position: Citizen Action Team Petition Author
Location: Positions available in Australia, Denmark, France, Spain, Italy, and The Netherlands
Closing date: 6 July 2016
For more info click here
Are you looking to recruit senior staff for your organisation or are you looking for a new professional challenge? Then check out Global Charity Jobs TODAY