Top Five Things To Worry About
If your job is to market a nonprofit, raising funds or advocating issues, you probably worry from time to time about the fate of your cause or charity.
In case you don't, and need a prod, here's my “top five” list of things to worry about:
1. Does the “other” organization doing what you do, do it better?
2. Is your cost of acquiring new donors becoming unsustainable?
3. Is your online strategy and presence uninspiring?
4. Is your organization indistinguishable from others doing essentially the same thing?
5. Is the New York Times, or the major newspaper in your town, doing an “investigative” piece on your organization?
I feel your pain.