Debunking Six Social Media Myths
One of the savviest online marketers around, B.L. Ochman, takes aim in this article at six social media myths that you — and maybe your boss — ought to avoid …
1. Social media is cheap, if not free.
2. Anyone can do it.
3. You can make a big splash in a short time.
4. You can do it all in-house.
5. If you do something great, people will find it.
6. You can’t measure social media marketing results. [OK, maybe you don’t want to tell your boss about that one!]
She’s an experienced online marketer … worth a read.
P.S. There are some interesting comments on her article, once you get past her "spat" with one "Giovanni." Note the interview she plugs of internet pioneer Marc Andreesen by Charlie Rose.